Ushers are parishioners who serve the parish by greeting and assisting those attending Mass.
There is always a need for men and women in this capacity. We welcome young adults to serve as ushers as well.
Ushers should be a good practicing Catholics and in good standing with the Church.
Duties of an usher include:
- Greeting people before and after Mass
- Guiding people during Communion
- Taking up the collection during Mass
- Handing out bulletins after Mass
- Taking count of adults and children at each Mass
Ushers should be reliable and should arrive 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the liturgy they are scheduled to usher. Ushers will be expected to check the ushers bulletin board for special instructions when they arrive.